


Last weekend Shingo and I went to a local alpine spot called Lone Peak Cirque. This is Shingo's favorite place in the world these days and he goes up there to climb most Thursdays-Saturdays. I haven't been climbing much lately so this last weekend was my first time up there since last summer. It's a brutal hike up to about 10,500 ft. But Shingo has been carrying up lots of food, water, and other amenities all summer so I didn't need to carry much in my pack.
We met a bunch of friends and climbed, did yoga in the meadow, drank wine, grilled steaks, and pretty much just had a good time in the mountains.
A couple nights ago I made some fancy pizzas using bread dough more similar to Indian Naan than regular pizza dough. One was tomato, mozzarella, & basil. Another was feta, spinach, mushroom, and olive. And the last, just for kicks, was a mexican pizza. For the first pizza I checked out heirloom tomatoes for the first time...they are super good raw, but lacking a certain something when cooked on a pizza. Lesson learned.
Also, I bought a couch. It folds out to a bed so Miranda has a place to sleep when she comes to visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment