
Yesterday, Shingo and I went up to the Uintas which are at about 10,000 ft. in elevation and usually 20-30 degrees cooler than the Salt Lake valley. With temperatures rising into the 90's again this week, I dragged Shingo up there to climb a little bit and try flyfishing again, but this time in a stocked lake where I was sure to catch something.
Here's Ruth Lake, where we usually climb. It was quite frigid and we climbed a few routes then bailed to eat lunch in the sun and go fishing.

I am now fully equipped with waders, vest, AND pole thanks to my mom.

I caught one fish before I broke my tippet and couldn't fish anymore. I was out there in waders, and when I caught the trout I didn't know what to do with my pole (I didn't want to drop it in the water), then I pulled in too much line and couldn't reach the fish on the end, and then in this state of panic I couldn't keep a hold of the fish and get the hook out. I asked Shingo for help, which he was reluctant to do (I understand, I am supposed to be doing all of it myself but...), and then he took the hook out. Next time, I promise I'll do it no matter what. EEEK!

No comments:
Post a Comment