Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Mother Sauces

I have been trying to practice some of the "mother sauces," that is, bechamel sauce, espagnole (brown sauce), hollandaise, tomat, and veloute. Here was the first! Hollandaise! It turned out really beautifully, I must admit.



And what better to use such a beautiful sauce, than eggs florentine!





Next up was espagnole, turned into bordelaise, over a beef roast. It was too salty and I used too much roux so it was too thick. However, taste-wise, it was still pretty darn good. The camera made it a weird color- it was not this purple in reality.



I also made a bechamel sauce for the base of a shrimp and clam alfredo. THAT was good, but I didn't take any photos.

Here's another Sundance Catalog inspired necklace made of real moonstone and pearls, to go along with my real sundance catalog moontsone ring. My closures are getting much slicker!



I have an "audition" at a restaurant tomorrow night- I will let ya'll know how it goes on Friday. Hopefully, I can keep it together and finally get on the road to a new career. We shall see!

No comments: