The skiing is going okay. I have made vast improvements in my turning ability, but I have a ways to go. I really love it, but I took a big spill last week and got a tiny bit discouraged. Some days I feel like I'm skiing really really well, and then the very next day I'll feel totally out of control. The crowds and other people are also getting on my nerves.
Baby steps. Breath.
Because I usually go to the resort alone for "ski free after three" I took some self portraits.



The ski lift is interesting when you're riding it alone. People will ask to sit with me, and ofcourse, I'm not going to say "NO!" but then I have to partake in one of the following; energy consuming (for me, atleast) smalltalk or an awkward silence. So, hopefully, I can get out into the backcountry with Shingo sometime this season, if for nothing more than to avoid people.
My friend Ashlie and I went to a film at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City. It was my first time, and I think we saw one celebrity. *think* being the key word there. But it was fun, we saw "Welcome to the Rileys" and then took the bus to Main St. and walked around looking for celebs. Haha!


In foodie news, HOOOORAY!!! My wine turned out OK afterall!! I was worried it went bad so I added some preservatives to kill any nasties growing in it and it looks good! Tastes pretty darn good too!

These are coconut curry encrusted chicken tenders served with a simple honey mustard I made last week. Very simple, healthy, and tasty!

I'm obsessed with making spring rolls- these in the photo don't have it, but usually I do a stick of the fake (but best) japanese imitation crab and avocado and take them to work for lunch.

My new interest is homemade sourdough bread. I am trying to get a sourdough starter going- here it is in it's beginning stage. More soon on this!!

Next week, weather permitting, we're going to Joshua Tree in Cali for some warm weather climbing. If it craps out, we'll be headed toward Colorado for ice climbing at Ouray Ice park. Until then, Ciao!
Baby steps. Breath.
Because I usually go to the resort alone for "ski free after three" I took some self portraits.



The ski lift is interesting when you're riding it alone. People will ask to sit with me, and ofcourse, I'm not going to say "NO!" but then I have to partake in one of the following; energy consuming (for me, atleast) smalltalk or an awkward silence. So, hopefully, I can get out into the backcountry with Shingo sometime this season, if for nothing more than to avoid people.
My friend Ashlie and I went to a film at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City. It was my first time, and I think we saw one celebrity. *think* being the key word there. But it was fun, we saw "Welcome to the Rileys" and then took the bus to Main St. and walked around looking for celebs. Haha!


In foodie news, HOOOORAY!!! My wine turned out OK afterall!! I was worried it went bad so I added some preservatives to kill any nasties growing in it and it looks good! Tastes pretty darn good too!

These are coconut curry encrusted chicken tenders served with a simple honey mustard I made last week. Very simple, healthy, and tasty!

I'm obsessed with making spring rolls- these in the photo don't have it, but usually I do a stick of the fake (but best) japanese imitation crab and avocado and take them to work for lunch.

My new interest is homemade sourdough bread. I am trying to get a sourdough starter going- here it is in it's beginning stage. More soon on this!!

Next week, weather permitting, we're going to Joshua Tree in Cali for some warm weather climbing. If it craps out, we'll be headed toward Colorado for ice climbing at Ouray Ice park. Until then, Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment