My friend Kirstin and I have begun a garden together this season. She stumbled upon the opportunity and was generous enough to ask me to be a part of it with her. We have applied for a booth at the farmers market this summer because we would like to try to sell most of what we grow. We know it's going to be a lot of hard work, but I really think it's going to be an amazing experience no matter what happens. Ideally, we'll learn a lot about gardening on a bigger scale; how to sell stuff at a farmers market; meet some people in the community; and maybe make a few bucks in the process.
Here is the garden:

We started a bunch of seedlings this week: tomatoes (LOTS), squash, bell peppers, tomatillos, eggplant, and lettuce.



The next thing we need to do is get the soil ready in the garden. I found an ad on craigslist.com for free horse manure so we made a trip to that farm a few days ago to pick up a truck load.
But first, Kirstin decided to get the truck stuck in wet manure. DELIGHTFUL!

But then we got to work.



Kirstin was babysitting for a friend, and he had a blast rolling around in the manure. He helped out a little too :)

And then we dropped it all off at the garden!

Stay tuned for many many more garden posts!
Here is the garden:

We started a bunch of seedlings this week: tomatoes (LOTS), squash, bell peppers, tomatillos, eggplant, and lettuce.



The next thing we need to do is get the soil ready in the garden. I found an ad on craigslist.com for free horse manure so we made a trip to that farm a few days ago to pick up a truck load.
But first, Kirstin decided to get the truck stuck in wet manure. DELIGHTFUL!

But then we got to work.



Kirstin was babysitting for a friend, and he had a blast rolling around in the manure. He helped out a little too :)

And then we dropped it all off at the garden!

Stay tuned for many many more garden posts!
1 comment:
Wow! That's a BIG garden. Good Luck Sweetie! You inspired me. I tore out the old fence and am going to make mine bigger this year and I'm going to put in some good dirt and "stuff". Didn't know you could use horse manure. Should the kid be playing in it? I think I can get mushroom "manure". How about...hot peppers, pole beans, zuc's, melons? I haven't had much luck with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and radishes. Anyhow, have fun, make some money and EAT GOOD! Love you, Dad
Post a Comment