After Shanna's wedding, S & I headed to my hometown in central PA. But first we had dinner with my dad in Pittsburgh. My dad likes bikes...

And then it was off to farm country!

S & the new member of the family,Pearl, did not like each other much. He has a hole in his ear to prove it.

Miranda was acting like a crazy fool before her trip to Germany, but we finally got her on the bus, passport and all.

PA is a gorgeous place in the summertime.

S & I headed up to halfway damn to lay out in the sun and eat La Casa sandwiches for an afternoon.

The farmers market here is no joke. It is held every Wednesday morning, all year, rain or shine. They have the indoor part for butchers and other purveyors, but in the summer the outside area is filled with produce stands. It's truly a foodie's heaven.


The Amish are very active in this market. I tried to take some photos but I looked kindof sketchy while trying to do so. This is the best I could do- a teenage girl while she wasn't looking!

We got a flat of the BEST strawberries I've had in a long time. My mom and I made preserves. Lots of preserves.

You must go to The Fence if you ever go to Lewisburg. I'm not sure how long it's been in business, but I can remember going there since I was a very small child. The fish sandwich basket is the thing to get.

Making tiny lemon meringues for my gram.

The men at cocktail hour.

I made dinner for everyone & we ate on the porch!

And then it was time to drive allllllll the way back to Utah. 30 hours. EEK!

And then it was off to farm country!

S & the new member of the family,Pearl, did not like each other much. He has a hole in his ear to prove it.

Miranda was acting like a crazy fool before her trip to Germany, but we finally got her on the bus, passport and all.

PA is a gorgeous place in the summertime.

S & I headed up to halfway damn to lay out in the sun and eat La Casa sandwiches for an afternoon.

The farmers market here is no joke. It is held every Wednesday morning, all year, rain or shine. They have the indoor part for butchers and other purveyors, but in the summer the outside area is filled with produce stands. It's truly a foodie's heaven.


The Amish are very active in this market. I tried to take some photos but I looked kindof sketchy while trying to do so. This is the best I could do- a teenage girl while she wasn't looking!

We got a flat of the BEST strawberries I've had in a long time. My mom and I made preserves. Lots of preserves.

You must go to The Fence if you ever go to Lewisburg. I'm not sure how long it's been in business, but I can remember going there since I was a very small child. The fish sandwich basket is the thing to get.

Making tiny lemon meringues for my gram.

The men at cocktail hour.

I made dinner for everyone & we ate on the porch!

And then it was time to drive allllllll the way back to Utah. 30 hours. EEK!
No comments:
Post a Comment