Monday, October 24, 2011

The Adventures of Miranda

Last week, M and I headed to Moab for a very quick mini trip to bike, hike, and see cool stuff. We camped at Dead Horse Point State Park in what was quite possibly the most posh campsite I've ever stayed in- it had electricity (a light over the picnic table), a big kitchen cabinet next to the picnic table, flush toilets, hot water, and a heater in the bathroom. First, we rode the Intrepid Trail, which was a nice introduction to the type of biking done in Moab. This trail had some great views.


M riding some sandy stuff

Me on some rocky stuff

M in the AM

We rode our bikes over to the Canyonlands to check out Grand View which overlooks the White Rim trail below (100 mile rad trail dad- think about it!)


I took this artsy photo and M edited the colors- pretty amazing scenery up there.

Then we headed to Arches National Park to hike the classic Delicate Arch Trail.


Finally, later in the week I took M up Mt. Olympus. Fall colors are gorgeous right now.


Signing the registry on top!

The snow is on the way- we're supposed to cool off this week and get some more. I'm not ready yet!!!!

The sun went down on the way home, and we finished up in the dark. A tiny epic, but totally worth it.

No comments: