...have a first first bike race, that is. I ended up placing 8th out of 22 women in the sport category. Honestly, from what I can tell, that was a pretty big field and it felt like it! I learned a number of things, of which these were the most important:
1. Warm up. A lot more.
2. Get some confidence, get a good place at the start line, and don't let people pass you!
I got boxed in at the start.
I am the blue helmet, behind 3other helmets, behind the leading girl on the left.
I couldn't get out from behind there.
The people who beat me, all passed me in the first 10 seconds of the race.
4. Keep trying. This is the toughest thing for me- I get super anxious leading up to these things but I have to keep trying if I want to get better. Experience seems to be just as important as fitness.
I will have class on Tuesday nights until the beginning of August so this was my only chance to race the MidWeek series until then. However, the future holds the following possibilities from the Intermountain Cup Series on Saturdays. Note: these are subject to change or bailing. I have a lot of school on my plate but I am going to try to get to these three.
1. Wimmer's XC race on June 30th
2. The 25th Annual Mountain Bout on July 7th
3. The 16th Annual Chris Allaire Memorial race on July 28th


No comments:
Post a Comment