Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Roots Reunite

My dad came to visit over the weekend and Casey, my dad, and I headed down to southern Utah to check out some of my favorite places. We visited Arches National Park right outside Moab. And then I took them to a climbing spot called Indian Creek, where we climbed a little tiny bit, and camped for the night. We wrapped things up with a visit to the Needles District of Canyonlands National Park , a driveby of Castleton Tower in Castle Valley, and then headed back to SLC.

Back in SLC Shingo, Casey, and I took my dad up through the canyons near the city and checked out some climbing in Big Cottonwood Canyon. It would be no surprise to anyone that my dad climbed like he had been doing it all his life.

I made some dinner for everyone, we watched a movie, and this morning he was headed back to P-burg.

Good times!


Arches National Park



Canyonlands National Park


Dad showing us his sock (same as the pictograph!) in Canyonlands


Dad and Casey hanging out in Big Cottonwood Canyon


Dad giving climbing a try




No comments: