I have not been very good at blogging lately because Shingo had the camera a lot and we lost our internet connection at home. However, I have been cooking so here is the first of a bunch of posts.
I made a very pretty almond cheesecake (1/2 ricota 1/2 cream cheese to be exact) and then topped it with some beautiful local cherries. The crust was not a success, as I tried to use graham cracker AND almond flour. The almond flour just made it soggy; lesson learned!

My friend April and I also spent a day canning LOTS of dill pickles- 29 jars to be exact!! I finished off the day canning a few jars of raspberry jam. Now I only have peach jalapeno jam and tomato sauce to do at the end of the summer.

Shingo is on his way to the Yukon right now (way way up in Canada) to climb the Lotus Flower Tower. Here are some pictures of the fairy meadows to give you an idea of where he is, and as soon as he returns on August 17th I'll post his photos too!
I made a very pretty almond cheesecake (1/2 ricota 1/2 cream cheese to be exact) and then topped it with some beautiful local cherries. The crust was not a success, as I tried to use graham cracker AND almond flour. The almond flour just made it soggy; lesson learned!

My friend April and I also spent a day canning LOTS of dill pickles- 29 jars to be exact!! I finished off the day canning a few jars of raspberry jam. Now I only have peach jalapeno jam and tomato sauce to do at the end of the summer.

Shingo is on his way to the Yukon right now (way way up in Canada) to climb the Lotus Flower Tower. Here are some pictures of the fairy meadows to give you an idea of where he is, and as soon as he returns on August 17th I'll post his photos too!


No comments:
Post a Comment