Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Recipe: Nicoise Salad

Before Shingo left for Canada, I wanted to try to make a Nicoise Salad. This is the traditional salad of Nice, France and usually includes canned tuna, nicoise olives, small herbed potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, haricot vertes (french green beans), cherry tomatoes, and sardines in a dijon vinigarette. I opted for seared sushi grade tuna instead of the canned so it could be a little bit more special. And we paired with a french styled rose from Calera.



And I waited to post this until now because I want everyone to go see the new movie about Julia Child! She made this salad popular in the U.S. and we owe an awful lot to her french cooking influence. The movie is wonderful- the parts about the blogger Julie is somewhat annoying-but Meryl Streep is perfect as Julia Child.

Shingo comes back in 6 days!!!


No comments: