I am once again in the middle of trying to figure out this skiing thing. I'll be honest. I don't like to totally suck at sports. In fact, I try to avoid looking like I-don't-know-what-I'm-doing at all costs...which is what I did with skiing for all of my childhood. So here I am, a grown woman, looking like a total dork, falling down all over the mountain and embarrassing myself and my friends. But, it's kindof awesome too. I have no expectations, and I just want to get down the big hill without injury. That's pretty laid back compared to rock climbing. We headed up to Alta ski resort before it opened up and skinned up to the Ballroom (?not sure if thats the name..?) so I could try skiing some good powdery snow. Here is the photo story.
Me skinning up the Ballroom Bowl

Alright! yeaaaaaa!

Don't I look confident? This is me, hesitating just a little bit.

Sweeeeet, looking good!!

Nice! Linked a couple of turns!

Uh oh...not looking, normal...

Burn.

Found my ski and managed to get back on my feet for more!!!

However, on the way back down, we skied through some weird bumpy terrain and I hit one of the bumps and had a big wreck. I didn't realize I had stabbed my leg with my pole and tore a hole not only in my new guide pants, but in my base layer as well. And some of my skin. Skiing is fun, right?!

But really, I want to get better because I want to be able to tag along with the guys on trips like this...

Me skinning up the Ballroom Bowl

Alright! yeaaaaaa!

Don't I look confident? This is me, hesitating just a little bit.

Sweeeeet, looking good!!

Nice! Linked a couple of turns!

Uh oh...not looking, normal...

Burn.

Found my ski and managed to get back on my feet for more!!!

However, on the way back down, we skied through some weird bumpy terrain and I hit one of the bumps and had a big wreck. I didn't realize I had stabbed my leg with my pole and tore a hole not only in my new guide pants, but in my base layer as well. And some of my skin. Skiing is fun, right?!

But really, I want to get better because I want to be able to tag along with the guys on trips like this...

No comments:
Post a Comment