Tuesday, May 15, 2012

So Much Technology, So Little Time

My dad gave me a Garmin bike computer and it has taken me until this week to realize how awesome it is. Here is Yesterday's Ride on Strava. It shows on a map where you went, how long each section of the ride took, how fast you rode compared to other people in your area, etc. It is amazing. Truly. Check it out.

Shingo & I took a rare hike together up Bell's Canyon because I had never been there before and he couldn't find any climbing partners.  It hurt my legs a lot. One thing I've noticed since beginning this biking thing is my legs are not used to carrying my body weight anymore. I had to take two days off afterward to recover.  

We also cut off all of Shingo's hair for his summertime adventures.

Bye hair!!





Next up, I am going to attempt the Salt Lake Century (100 miles) on Saturday. It's flat and quite honestly, verrrrrry boring. We'll see how my knees feel- last time I got in more than 65 miles on flat terrain my knees felt like death...no, more like tiny saws whittling away my tendons each time I pedaled. Yipee!

No comments: