Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

So very much has happened since the last time I blogged. Let'see here, first I successfully completed the Salt Lake Century ride with my friend Hunter in about 5 hours and 25 minutes. I felt really good and made it well under my goal of 6 hours.
Getting ready for the century

Next up, I hit the road to PA with Miranda. We briefly detoured up through the Tetons, camped at Jenny Lake, then quickly headed into Yellowstone for some geyser gazing.

Me and Miranda at Jenny Lake


Yellowstone


Sooooo many people waiting for Old Faithful

Old Faithful



Somewhere in central Wyoming

Miranda and I spend a ton of time in Nebraska and Iowa searching for my beloved Jadite and her Peach Lustre glassware collections. I found modest success and added mixing bowls, refrigerator dishes, plates, and one tumbler to my collection. Looking pretty nice, eh?! 

An awesome bike ride and a few days spent with my dad, a day of meeting baby Trip and seeing my beautiful friend Shanna, a week spent relaxing and antique hunting with mom, and then I headed home to Utah by myself (long long drive).
Lots of this.

Shan with Trip

Auntie Cobs doesn't know how to hold a baby! But she tries :)

I absolutely love this pic of Trip

Checking out dad riding in a mid week criterium


The Pittsburgh clan.
 My hair looks exceptionally poufy. I assure you this is not normal.

There are no pictures from my time at my mom's but this...

...And grill master Fred

And back to central Wyoming. 
A storm brewing.

School just began again this week but I managed to fit in my very first mountain bike race on Tuesday night. It went really well- I didn't crash, I finished, and I didn't come in last. Actually, I don't have a clue what place I got until the results are posted. I will update with some pics and a placing later this week for anyone who is interested. It was hard though, like full throttle, "maybe going to pass out" hard. But I loved it. LOVED it.

No comments: