Saturday, March 19, 2011

Really, Sun?

Shingo & I thought we would head to Red Rocks again before he had to work for the weekend (teaching climbing clinics at the Red Rock Rendezvous), enjoy the sun, and climb some fun stuff. We drove most of the way and stopped for the night in St. George. We pulled the sleeping bags and pads out of the car and slept under the stars.

Morning sunshine!


We bouldered for half the day and then hit the road for the last 100 miles to Vegas.

"Hey Shingo, how much do you love bouldering?"


Upon arriving, it was beautiful, hot, and sunny. But the wind quickly picked up and didn't stop for the rest of the night. I tried to climb something I've had my eye on for years now. Didn't send it, but definitely have got all the moves down for next time. The wind didn't help much and there are no photos to show for it.

The next day dawned...cloudy? And not too warm either. We stuck to the plan and climbed a pretty cool route on Windy Peak called Jubilant Song. We almost got the car stuck on the dirt road on the way to the climb. We screamed at each other a bit, cooled down, and got it out of there. We walked the rest of the way and had a very nice day anyhow.

Shingo on the photo-op pitch


Our classic summit shot


On the way back to our campsite I FINALLY saw a wild burro by the side of the road. It was really fat and really cute.


The last day we tried to climb but the wind picked up again and I wanted to get on the road again before it got too late. I dropped Shingo off at the Rendezvous, and headed home.

Looks like a circus to me. Thanks but no thanks.


And last but not least, a couple of nice photos from skiing with my brother last week (his treat!). Thanks Casey!


Look mom, helmets!!

No comments: